Monday 5 August 2013

The Liebster Award - I Was Nominated!

As I went to check my blogs twitter the other day I discovered that I had been nominated for the Liebster Award by Ellen by Ellenblogsit who like me is new to the blogging scene so go give her blog a look; and if you're interested in her Liebster nomination blog post click here!

I was also nominated a second time which I was shocked about by Live*Life*Love and then a third time by Harriet Does Makeup! So a big thanks to all the nominations I received! *Edit: I have received a TON more nominations for this award since then so a major thank you to everyone that has since nominated me!*
Beauty Blogger


So for those of you who haven't heard of The Liebster Award here are the rules!

  • give 10 random facts about yourself
  • answer the 10 questions given by the tagger
  • choose 10 bloggers with under 200 followers to pass the award on to and link them in your post
  • create 10 new questions for the bloggers you choose
  • notify them of their nomination
  • no tag backs

so lets gets in to it!

10 random facts about me:
  • I recently just graduated from university and I'm now attending college to do a further diploma qualification.
  • When I was 16 I turned vegetarian and when I hit 17 I became vegan till I was 20! I eat meat again now mostly for ease as I commute a lot and I am always out and about with people but when the time comes I would love to turn Vegan again!
  • I have three pets, a Chihuahua and two chinchillas
  • Last year I pretty much took a break from make-up. I wore a bit of foundation occasionally and mascara but that was it. Towards the end of the year I realized just how much I missed playing around with make-up and in particular wearing my eyes dark like I used to at the beginning of the year! So I began wearing it out again!
  • I am obsessed with wearing boots and combat boots - I wear them with everything!
  • I am also obsessed with nail polish - I have far too much of it!
  • As well as beauty I am also in to gaming and reading!
  • My hair is pretty much always straight - on the odd occasion I curl it!
  • I am awful at applying eyeshadow but I am trying to learn!
  • I'm naturally blonde, I've been dying my hair black since I was 16. So for 5 years!


Ellen's Questions


1. What's your favourite song right now?
My favorite song right now is Please Don't Say You Love Me by Gabrielle Aplin. I absolutely love the lyrics. However since its been summer I have also been listening to The Beach Boys allllll the time on my Ipod!

2. Best memory of 2013 so far. 
That is a tough one! I have three main ones! Going to Wales for a weekend away, my 21st weekend and my graduation. 2013 has been a tough year but full of big events and dates!

3. Your 'holy grail' make up product.
At the moment I am really loving my Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation which I have reviewed here. It really is giving my skin that summer glow!
4. One fashion trend you don't like. 
A fashion trend I don't like... hmmm. To be honest its one I can't work myself. The whole neon/bright colors trend is lovely but I am just not that confident. So I wear bright colors on my nails instead!

5. Best fashion/beauty tip you have in 10 words or less. 
Always always ALWAYS take your makeup off before bed!

6. If you could only wear one of these at at time would you pick mascara or foundation? 
Mascara! My skin is pretty good naturally thankfully and I do have good eyelashes but I'm all about a dramatic eye!

7. One thing you would never leave the house without. 
Hand cream, perfume, hair brush... all necessities for me!

8. Shorts or skirts? 
Skirts!

9. Country you would most like to visit that you haven't Already. 
America; if only to go shopping crazy.

10. All time favorite TV show. 
Coronation Street!


My Nominees:




My questions:

1. What inspired you to start your blog and blogging?
2. Are you a heels or a flats type of girl?
3. What is one beauty thing you can't do that other people seem to able to do?
4. What product can you not live without?
5. Hair... wear it curly, straight or natural?
6. Do you prefer natural nails or fake/false nails?
7. What are your other interests besides what you blog about?
8. What is your favorite food/drink
9. What is your favorite piece of clothing?
10.Who are your favorite bloggers?

6 comments:

  1. Hey there I am loving your blog, so congratulations on this award! You deserve it:)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! All these lovely comments from readers really do make it all worth while and enjoyable!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  2. Congrats!!

    Great post! Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Thank you for checking out the blog also!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  3. congratulations on the award! :) Great read!

    Natasha xx
    http://cosmeticcomforts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete