Tuesday 6 August 2013

NOTD - August 6th

Hey guys how are you all doing this week? Hope you are all doing well! Today I am bringing you another NOTD. Yes another NOTD; what can I say I get bored easily! Once again I decided to go for the crackled nail look!


I decided to switch up what I would use underneath as the case color. Rather than using a solid base color I used a glitter nail polish in gold. Below are the nail polishes I used!


Much Like last time I used the MUA crackle nail polish in Jailbreak that I have reviewed here - go check it out! I have also used the Hot Looks polish in the color 52 Shimmy Shake. This polish is fantastic because the glittery effect can be built up! With one application you can still see the base of the nail but with gold glitter, with two it becomes more opaque and with three it becomes solid; and the layers are so thin so they dry very quickly! I used three layers with this look! As the top and base coat for this look I used NYC in 202 Grand-Central Station - I love nail polish names they can be so quirky at times!

I hope you guys liked this quick nail look! I have to say I applied some fake tan afterwards and the gold looks really nice against tan skin! 

So have you tried any of these nail polishes? What are you currently wearing on your nails? Let me know in the comments!

10 comments:

  1. Love this! I can never seem to get crackle effect polish to look right on my nails but on yours it looks flawless! Will have to try the glItter base colour.

    www.stonesgotstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its about getting the amount you use right and also letting bottom layesr fully dry :) and you should!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  2. I agree win Vickie! You've totally mastered the crackle look! I also love the base colour you've picked, the black and gold look fab together

    Charlotte xx
    Flowersinthewateringcan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And thanks! I felt like it toned down the summery color a bit since now the weather seems to be taking a turn for the worst!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  3. This 100% makes me think of Snooki, which is great because I love her! Plus, you said that you sprayed tanned after and it looked even better. So Jersey Shore.

    This would be fun on New Years I think.

    Little Red Umbrellas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think it would be a great new years nail look!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  4. Love these, especially the glittery gold under the black crackle!

    s j m w e l l

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much and thanks for checking out the blog!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  5. I've been loving crackle polishes lately!i like that you have used gold polish underneath!im now following your blog!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and thank you for the follow!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete