Monday 12 August 2013

MUA Lash Boom review

Yes, another MUA review is here! This time I am trying my very first MUA mascara! The MUA Lash boom is the newest mascara that MUA have released. This mascara is only £3 and is available in black black/brown and ultra black. I chose to pick up the mascara in ultra black.

Above: The MUA Lash boom wand

The reason why I was so attracted to getting this mascara is because of the brush/wand. With mascaras I am usually not sold on them unless they have a new/interesting brush for me to try out! That's because for me it is usually the brush that has the biggest impact on how mascara works with the lashes. The MUA Lash Boom mascara starts off like the typical mascara wand however at the end goes round.

Above: The MUA Lash Boom Mascara 

The packaging itself to me fits in with the mascaras from Rimmel and Maybelline that have been coming out lately in bright colors. It is also pretty much the same shape as the Maybelline Volum express line! However the MUA Lash Boom is much more toned down! The packaging is also very sturdy, the only problem I have is with the stopper in the mascara; it does tend to catch the wand slightly as its coming out but for £3 I wasn't too fussed. 

Above: The effect the mascara gives - One coat

If you have read my previous reviews of mascaras you will know I love a bold eye look. I love my eyelashes to really look thick and long and really curl up. However the problem with some mascaras is they can make it look un-natural or the actual mascara can clump. The MUA Lash Boom in my opinion is the best natural looking dramatic look. The wand instantly enabled me to get such curl and lift on my eyelashes particularly in the outer and inner corners! As you can see from the photo on the left the mascara was able to get every last lash and coat the beautifully. 

Overall for £3 I was so shocked at how amazing this mascara is. This will definitely be one of my staple mascaras in the future I loved it. This would definitely be perfect for those starting out with make-up or for those that are younger!

Positives:
  • Cheap!
  • Gives a dramatic but natural finish
Negatives
  • Stopper can be a bit stiff

Hope you guys liked this review! Have you tried the MUA Lash Boom yet? Have you tried any other MUA mascaras? What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments!

22 comments:

  1. This looks amazing, especially for £3! I love MUA makeup but have never tried their mascara, may have to pick one of these up now...

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my very first MUA mascara so I am exited to try some more of their mascaras!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  2. I love MUA they are one of my favourite brands! I have wanted to pick this up for a while, love the shape of the wand too. Your lashes look lovely with just one coat. xx

    Claire does beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! The shape of the wand also interested me! Thank you so much!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  3. I agree it looks very similar to the Maybelline falsies packaging.
    Makes you lashes look lovely and defined! May have to buy this! A good cheap mascara I tried recently was the Collections No Clumps!

    Sam xxx

    Check out my blog if you have time? - http://inspirationfortheimagination.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to take a look/ read some reviews on the Collection No Clumps mascara!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  4. I'm a huge fan of MUA products and this mascara looks great. Love that it even coats the bottom lashes really well!

    triedandtestedblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ball on the end really helps to coat all of the lashes!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  5. I've tried a few MUA products but not a mascara , this sounds amazing! I can't believe how good it is for the price, your eye lashes look so nice!
    -Charlotte
    http://incharlottesshoes.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I am a massive fan of MUA now; this was my first time trying out one of their mascaras! Thank you so much!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  6. Sounds great for £3, will have to pick it up and try it out x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Let me know what you think of it if you do!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  7. I love it when mascaras give a natural look and for £3 this is such a bargain! x

    Kathryn
    enclsoedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Its ideal for work/school I think!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  8. It looks gorgeous! I made a review on the Scandeleyes Showoff Mascara which is similar to this one but wasn't as good! But I also love those different mascaras and I really love that!

    Christina xx
    http://christinathorup.com/review-scandaleyes-show-off-rimmel/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This mascara looks great! I definitely need a trip to superdrug to buy this now!

    Great Review!

    http://history-neverrepeats.blogspot.co.uk/

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a try! Thank you so much!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  10. I haven't heard about this mascara before - the results look pretty good though!

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a relativity new mascara you should give it a try!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  11. This looks really interesting! I might have to check it out when I need a new mascara :) xx

    ReplyDelete