Monday 19 August 2013

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Prickly Pear review

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint by Barry M in Prickly Pear

So I know I am a bit late to join the bandwagon on these but I am so glad I caved in and gave them a try! We have all seen it when a product gets over-hyped. I don't know about you but sometimes it puts me off because you hear too much about it but then sometimes it draws me in and I just think I MUST HAVE IT! With the Barry M Gelly Polishes I definitely thought I must have this polish.

The Barry M Gelly polishes are available in a range of colors and are available for £3.99 each. The idea behind these polishes is that they are supposed to dry with the finishes of Gel type polishes and also with shine. Check out the Barry M website here for more details.

Two coats of the Barry M Gelly polish without a top coat

As usual I applied by base coat to my nail to protect my nails. Then I applied two coats of the Barry M Gelly polish in Prickly Pear. As you can see from the above picture the polish dries in to a solid color and also dries with a lovely subtle shine to it. I then decided to take a look and see what the polish looked like with an additional top coat.

Two coats of the Barry M Gelly polish with a top coat

As you can tell the polish looks even more shiney with a top coat. Personally I would always apply a top coat to any polish as it helps to prevent the polish from chipping. The fact that the polish dries with a shine however is great for those who don't like painting their nails or don't have the time to sit there and wait for various layers of polishes to dry. 

So what about the polish itself? For me I have never known a polish to stay this long without chipping. This polish lasted a whole seven days without chipping which is pretty impressive. Also the polish never chipped away from the base of the nail or cuticle which a lot of polishes tend to do! The effect of the nail also did look like the gel manicures you can get professionally done! The drying time between each layer though is a tad longer than normal polish; but for the gel like consistency of the polish this is kind of to be expected. 

Positives:

  • Great price at £3.99
  • A variety of colors available
  • Available internationally
  • Stays chip free for a week
  • Has a shine/gel nail finish
Negatives:
  • The drying time can be a bit of a pain!

Have you tried these Barry M Gelly high shine polishes? Or do you want to? What are your thoughts? Please let me know in the comments!

14 comments:

  1. I love this colour seen it alot not sure why i never think to pick it up

    New followers

    Carrieanne x

    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I picked it up you should give it a try!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty colour! I have a couple of these polishes and they really are impressive! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have totally fallen for them too!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  3. This is my favourite colour, I've used it so many times x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a gorgeous colour!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  4. Wow it looks so shiny! The colour is gorgeous too - think I might have to treat myself to one.

    cheshirebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shine of the product alone is absolutely amazing! You should definitely treat yourself!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  5. I will love to try out this nail polishes they looked amazing, and the color is lovely.

    Sadly I can't get them where I live...but someday I will try them :D

    Mirisweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Can you not order them through the Barry M website?

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  6. I love Barry M Gelly nail paints - and so glad they have released so many new colours recently!! -RR

    http://rachelroar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize until my most recent trip in to town just how many were in the range! Of course that is bad for my purse but good for me!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete