Wednesday 7 August 2013

Allura Nail Polish Remover review

Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing well and having a great week so far! Today I have another review for you guys - this time it's a review for all you out there like me that like to save money!

A while back when I posted my Poundland blog post, which you can check out here, where I bought a bunch of new nail polish I also decided to pick up some of their nail polish remover! I thought for £1 I may as well! For £1 you get a 400ml bottle! 

Above: Allura Nail polish remover

The container is just a plastic bottle with a screw off plastic top. Nothing special! As you can see the nail polish remover itself is actually pink in color. For those of you wondering this nail polish remover does contain acetone so it's not acetone free and is designed to remove all types of nail polish. The bottle does state on the back it is unsuitable for use with false nails.

Above: The front label of the container and the pink nail polish remover fluid

On to the smell. I like that this nail polish remover doesn't have that overbearing acetone smell and doesn't make whatever room I'm in smell like nothing but Acetone. This remover actually has an almost berry type smell; it is very sweet! 

So how does it perform as a nail polish remover? To be honest it's so-so. It does the job but not quickly. If you soak your cotton pad as usual then leave it on your nail for a few nails you can wipe away the polish however it's not instantaneous. If you don't mind it taking a little longer its a great/easy way to save a bit of money. Since I use so much nail polish and nail polish remover this is a saving for me but for others you may prefer to pay a bit more for quickness! Similarly if you don't paint your nails a lot I would recommend this to you rather than paying £3/4 for a bottle half the size!

If you'd like to see the ingredients in this polish check out the below picture:


So on to my usual positives and negatives about the product!

Positives:
  • Cheap £1
  • Pleasant smell
  • Works at removing nail polish
  • You get a lot of product for just a £1 - 400ml which is more than most typical nail polish removers
Negatives:
  • Does take a while to remove nail polish
  • Can't be used on false nails

There you have it, my thoughts on the Allura Nail Polish remover! I am aware that Allura are the brand of cosmetics that Poundland has and to be honest I haven't heard many good things about their products! Have you? Let me know if you have tried any! Also what is your favorite nail polish remover? Let me know in the comments!

Don't forget to follow the blog through GFC or BlogLovin if you enjoyed this post!


8 comments:

  1. I would just buy this for the smell especially if it smells nice, i hate the way usual nail polish removers smell gives me a sore head! Fab post and lovely blog :) xx

    Claire does beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same! I do my nails every week and sometimes I get headaches from the fumes! And thank you so much Claire!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  2. I love this product, by far my favourite nail polish remover! Great review!

    http://eleganmag.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I picked it up! I know its a small saving of a few pounds but when you do your nails a lot it adds up!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a great product for the price! Really enjoying your blog by the way :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! For a pound you can't really argue with it! Thank you so much for reading!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  4. I have a bottle of this in a cupboard somewhere and I think that's were it's gonna stay! It just takes too long to remove polish, and if you're wearing glitter, you may forget about it! Pity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With glitter it is a bit of a pain!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete