Monday 6 May 2013

Rimmel Lasting Finish 16 hour Foundation - Review

I thought a good review of a product would be another product that I use everyday. Much like my The Rocket Mascara review which I thought I was able to give a detailed review on as I use it daily I thought I'd do the same with my daily foundation! As I have said in the past on this blog, in particular when I reviewed the Seventeen On The Spot foundation, I don't like a heavy coverage foundation; I like a light to medium. The reasons for this is that I don't like to feel like I'm wearing foundation, I don't feel like I need heavy coverage and if I do need a heavier coverage I feel as though I can build a light to medium coverage foundation. This I feel definitely meets my no fuss needs of a foundation.

Above: Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation

As you can see from the photo above I use the colour 100 in Ivory and in this squeeze out package there is 1 fluid ounce or 30ml of product. I only use literally a pea sized amount of this product and it covers the entirety of my face. The coverage of this foundation is a medium and does in fact live up to its boast that it lasts up to 16 hours of wear in a day.

Above: Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation with a swatch on my hand and on my face in natural lighting

As you can tell from the swatch on my skin the formula of this product isn't to thick or thin it has just the right texture for foundation in my opinion.It easily blends into the skin and once its on its on, you don't really feel like you're wearing foundation at all. It dries really quick onto the skin and once its set with powder has a lovely smooth finish on the skin. I wouldn't say it had a matte finish I would just say that the finish of this foundation is very natural. I have found with all the Rimmel foundations I have tried or seen on others they are very natural, they allow for natural shine and glow on the skin and also look natural in all types of light and photography. As I said above since I'm not one for heavy foundations I like that this appears natural and doesn't even feel like it is on the skin!.

This foundation retails for around £5.99 which again for drugstore and for a long wear foundation is more than an affordable price. I believe now they make a 25 hour formula and it comes in a plastic pump container but I have two of these squeeze type containers that I still need to use so I thought I would produce a good old review on a foundation I have been using daily pretty much for about a year! Now on to my usual summarised positives and negatives; 

Positives:
  • Affordable
  • Last a long time with a pea sized amount used on the face
  • Medium coverage (if that is what you're after)
  • Natural tone and colour added to the face, doesn't appear like a caked on colour you can get with some foundations
  • Doesn't give the 'I am clearly wearing foundation' look
  • Evens out skin tone 
Negatives:
  • For those looking for heavy coverage will not be ideal, though arguably a build-able foundation
  • Does have a slight rose scent to it on first opening it but this does fade

No comments:

Post a Comment