Above: The FakeBake tanning liquid box
Inside the box, pictured above, was the actual tanning liquid which contained 170ml and also a tanning mitt to apply the tanning liquid to your body.
Above: The Fake Bake flawless self tan liquid
As you can see the actual liquid itself comes in the box. It initially comes with a screw lid on it which you can then change for the spray lid that is included. You can tip the product out but it is much more widely used as a spray. As you can see on the right the tanning solution also comes with an application mitt. One side (not pictured) is white and can be used to ex foliate the skin. Personally I prefer to use St Ives Body scrub to ex-foliate along with my loofa from Soap and Glory however its nice to know they give you a tool which you can ex-foliate with as this is where people tend to go wrong with self tanners.
How I use this product
In circular motions directly on my body (unless otherwise mentioned) I apply the following to my body;
- Four sprays to each arm, two on the top and two on the bottom half
- Three sprays on the chest/ neck area
- One spray to the stomach and one spray directly on the mitt to touch up
- One spray on the mitt for bottom half of back and one spray on mitt for top part of back
- Three sprays on each thigh and two sprays on the bottom half of my leg
- One spray on the mitt for each foot to spread across the top of my feet
Above: My legs before (left) and after (right)
Above: My arms before (left) and after (right)
As you can tell from the pictures I have included this product gives a lovely natural tan to the body, it actually makes the skin look flawless and sun kissed as opposed to orange and is build-able throughout the days wear. My only negative is that it does wash off within a few washes (which may be a positive to those that only want a fake tan temporarily) however bar this I find it perfect! I love this product! As for streaks or patches I didn't have a problem with this as I moisturise a lot and ex-foliate a lot so my only tip would be to be diligent with both of those things!
As always here are my positives and negatives!
- For those new to fake tanning like myself it is easy to apply and comes with instructions on how to apply
- Comes with application mitt
- Liquid lasts a long time
- Smell is initially nice for a few hours
- Leaves a flawless, natural colour to the skin
- Doesn't come off on the bed sheets in my experience
- Reasonable price
- Able to apply to the face
- Build-able colour
- Has that fake tan smell in the morning
- After a few washes it can come off
Since using this product I'd also like to point out I've had numerous complements on my skin and how lovely and natural this product looks! I hope you all enjoyed this review and check out some more of my other reviews!