Monday 16 December 2013

Elvive Colour Protect Caring Shampoo and Caring Conditioner review

If you have been following my blog for a while, particularly my product empties posts, you will briefly remember my occasional reluctance to wanting to include my shampoo and conditioners in my product empties as I have been using the same shampoo and conditioner since I was 16 so it would be the same two bottles over and over again! Unlike my deep conditioners I don't switch these out at all as they have always worked well for my hair. However I thought it would be great to review two products that I have used for years and that have always been a staple product for me.

First a little bit of a back story on my hair. I am naturally pretty much bleach blonde however when I was 15 I decided it really didn't suit me and I wanted a change. Throughout the course of a year after embarking on chemically straightening my hair with keratin treatments in my hairdressers I began trying different blondes and even went to brown. None of those seemed to really match what I wanted. I always told my hairdresser I wanted black hair and eventually she alongside me decided to go for it. It took hours but eventually just before I turned 16 I had black hair. I have never changed it since and I am now coming up to 22!

For those that dye their hair black or a darker colour you know just how hard it can be to maintain; especially at the beginning when you are trying to get the colour to 'grip' to your hair for want of a better work. For me I tried to look for numerous colour protect shampoos and conditioners until I struck gold with the Elvive Colour Protect range.


Over the years the formula has changed slightly along with the bottle but the product is pretty much the same. The shampoo and conditioner both have UVA & UVB filters which I love because its not only protecting the colour from any sun but also your actual hair follicle from any sun damage. Overall I did see a dramatic result from when I first started dying my hair to the months where I began using this as my shampoo and conditioner. Before using this range the black on my hair would last between 2-3 weeks but now can last between 4-6. Even when my hair does begin to fade it is only subtle and fades naturally which I like. The only real give-away that my hair needs a re-dye is my roots!

The shampoo lathers up really nicely whilst the conditioner is a smooth consistency which goes on lovely and results in lovely smooth and shiny hair. The pair work great together but I also know from using these alongside my deep conditioners that they can work great with other product ranges.

Have you tried the Elvive Colour protect range? Have you got a colour protecting shampoo and conditioner you could recommend to me? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment