Monday 9 September 2013

Lifestyle post: Day out at Chester Zoo

Hello guys! Hope you are all well! So this last Saturday my boyfriend decided we should have a little impromptu day out to Chester Zoo! Today is our 9 month anniversary (cheesy I know) so we thought that we would spend the whole weekend together since we both have work/college/volunteering we have during the week! So we decided we would commute up relativity early, we were both knackered! We spent the commute up doing word searches... yes we are 50. We got there around 10am so it was less that two hours travel and to be honest we didn't really notice how long it took! 


This is us (forgive my messy hair and make-up!) sat in a lovely garden in the center of the park midway through the day. We were quite blessed that it wasn't too warm or cold but the sun stayed out all day! We stayed till around 3pm so we had a good 5 hour walk round the park! 



I definitely recommend Chester Zoo particularly for those that have kids. Both myself and my boyfriend Gareth agreed that its a nice thing to do nice its not the norm and you can easily just walk around all day watching the animals which we did!


It took us around 3 hours to walk through everything as there is a lot to see. Myself and Gareth both thought that if we had a kid like a lot of the other couples did their you could easily stay there all day as there are many things for kids to do such as face painting and play areas. So if you're a couple with kids looking for a plan or even a young couple it is a good all rounder!


There are a bunch of different animals as well as fishes and bugs and even a bat house which I loved. There are even talks that happen at various areas in the park which we caught a few of walking round! 


There are plenty of place to stop and eat with plenty of shops however me and the other half had brought some butties and snack stuff to stop and eat at this lovely garden area in the center which was nice! 

The great thing is there are so many places to stop and relax that you can walk around all day! We stuck to just keep going left right from the beginning and we managed to see everything in the zoo! There is also a monorail system that we decided against and just walked through buts its a great idea to see an above view of the zoo.



Above you can see a picture of one of our favorite animals, bush dogs! They basically spend all day following each other in a circle! They are so cute and we were in stitches singing The Great Escape song and the rocky theme tune whilst they ran around!


So that was pretty much it for Saturday! For Sunday we spent a nice day in chilled! Pretty much watching boring day time TV and playing Cluedo whilst Gareth tried to teach me other board games like checkers and such! I can't stress how much we act like 50 year olds! It was nice to have some down time before term starts again!

So I hope you guys liked this lifestyle post! Have you been to Chester Zoo? What do you like to do with your other half? Let me know in the comments!



9 comments:

  1. I LOVE Chester Zoo.
    I go when it's not School Holidays or the weekend, so it's less busy. In all the years I've been going it's only recently I've been able to see the penguins up close, as there is usually hundreds of people around them. >.<

    Definitely a less stressful day when you can walk around seeing the animals without fighting around people haha.

    Although to be fair I would be happy just standing around in the bat cave all day. I love them. :D

    I now want to go. Haha.

    Juyey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad we went when it was less busy as you were right we could get right up close to everything!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  2. What a cute date!! Congrats on the 9 months, nothing better than a trip to the zoo!

    MyLushBox

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hadn't been to the Zoo in ages!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  3. Chester Zoo is brilliant! My other half took me there for my 25th last year and I loved every second! I got a little bit emotional at the 'Spirit Of The Jaguar' the jaguar was outside at the time and everyone including my fiancé went outside to have a look and I stayed inside, just as everyone left, the jaguar came walking back in and it was just me and this beautiful creature, alone. I couldn't take my eyes off it, and I got a bit soppy LOL! Great post though, I was thinking about doing a post about mine and my friends trip to Shrewsbury this weekend just gone, such a gorgeous place! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow that is amazing! So lucky that happened for you! YOu should it sounds like a lovely place!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  4. I haven't been to Chester zoo since I was a child and now I want to go again haha.
    oh and I tagged you in the Liebster Awards, it's like a survey, click over to my blog if you want to do it because you've been tagged :-)

    http://daisychainprincess.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't been since I was a child so I really loved going back!

      I have already done that tag post but thank you so much for tagging me!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
    2. Aww looks like a lovely day! I haven't been to Chester zoo since primary school and I only live about 15 miles from it, I might suggest it to my boyfriend before the weather gets too cold :) xx

      Delete