Airbrush makeup has become increasingly popular over the last few years. thesalonoutlet.com have a super range with an airbrush kit to suit all budgets and levels of expertise. Airbrushing is incredibly easy and even an amateur enthusiast can perfect a flawless finish with just a little practice. Here are a few tips to help you on your way:
• Start with water – if you practice your airbrush techniques using water first you will soon get the hang of it without wasting any of your makeup or making a mess – water dries up right? This will enable you to really get to know your machine, where the makeup will land on your face, how close you need to hold the brush to your skin and how to make everything smooth and natural. It’s a great way to start without wasting makeup or making a mess.
• Cleanse your face first – this is an important step before you apply any type of makeup. Make sure that your face is cleansed and fresh before you start; it’s no use covering a dirty face with makeup now is it? It won’t look natural, it will just look caked on so your face must be completely clean and free from dirt before you start applying your airbrush makeup.
• Find a good primer – this is imperative when using airbrush makeup. It not only helps to achieve a great finish but ensures that your makeup stays put and looking wonderful for the whole day and into the night . . . for as long as you stay out to party. There’s no reason why your makeup can’t stay looking good for as long as you need it to.
• Use a circular spraying motion and be careful not to over spray your face. If you’ve practiced enough with the water then this should go without saying but . . . I think I’ll say it anyway. If you over spray your makeup will look caked and unnatural instead of the natural, flawless finish which you ought to be able to achieve. Less is more and you can always add a little extra but it’s more difficult to take it away without starting again from the beginning.
• Don’t forget about your neck – make sure that you include your neck in your airbrushing and blend your makeup to avoid any unsightly lines. This may sound obvious but it’s surprising how many girls make this elementary mistake. Remember your neck and blend it all in smoothly for a perfect finish.
• Try not to end the airbrush motion over your skin. When you finish airbrushing it can release a splurge so you could end up with a patch on your otherwise beautifully smooth face. Remember to use small, smooth circular motions which will ensure that your makeup is evenly applied.
• Don’t forget to clean your airbrush makeup kit thoroughly after you have used it to prevent the makeup from drying out and clogging the end of the nozzle. It’s a quick and easy thing to do if you do it every time. Make a habit of it and then your airbrush makeup kit will always be clean and ready for you to use again whenever you need to.
And that’s about it really. Don’t be afraid of your makeup airbrush kit – it is nothing to be afraid of and anybody (yes, even you) can achieve professional results with just a little practice and a few helpful tips. Remember that practice makes perfect.
*This is a sponsored blog post for The Salon Outlet*