Friday 22 August 2014

Makeup Revolution Powder Blush - Now! And Sugar - Review

So once again I am taking a look at the infamous brand that is Makeup Revolution. Today we are taking a look at two of their powder blushes in the shade Now! and Sugar.

Makeup Revolution Powder Blush - Now! And Sugar
Left: Now!                Right: Sugar

Firstly... forgive the dodgy angle and the reflection of my camera and piles of files on the product! I was trying for so long to get the perfect angle but this is as close as I could get! I think however that this is a really good representation of the shades and how they look in person. 

The packaging for these two blushes is pretty standard... a simple open and close snap clasp with a plastic base and see through plastic lid. It gets the job done and protects the product well. The Makeup Revolution printed name however does rub off over time. Not a big deal I just thought I would mention that! The names of each shade are printed on the base so you can still easily identify each blush.

You can pick up a powder blush from Makeup Revolution for £1 and you have a choice of six shades. You can take a look at the range here on the Makeup Revolution website of here on the Superdrug website.

Makeup Revolution Powder Blush - Now! And Sugar
Left: Now!                Right: Sugar

As you can tell from the swatches these blushes are really pigmented...especially for a pound! This was only a light swatch too! Now! is slightly deeper in tone than Sugar. I would wear Now! as an autumn blush and find Sugar to be a more appropriate summer colour. Both are lovely shades of pink that I have worn so much on my cheeks over the last few months!

The blushes themselves are slightly grainy in texture to the touch however this doesn't appear on the cheeks. There are slight reflects of gold in the shade Now! however it doesn't give that glitter-ball appearance! The blush lasts for a good 3-4 hours which is fantastic for me! I have found that it lasts between 5-6 hours with a cream blush base.

These shades are absolutely beautiful and I will definitely be trying out the other shades that are available! For a £1 the quality is absolutely amazing! I would be willing to pay much more than that for the quality and the beauty of the shades!

Have you tried any of the Makeup Revolution powder blushes? Have you tried any of their products? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!

BlogLovin |

Twitter |


16 comments:

  1. These shades look really nice!

    http://www.leviniasbeautyblog.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. They are great everyday wearable shades!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  3. Wow these look great for £1! Such pretty shades too :)

    I stalked you from the blogger chat haha, hope you don't mind ;) New follower!

    Efflorescent Dream
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a £1 they have such great pigmentation!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  4. I've seen this brand floating around blogland, but never in stores. Is it only a UK brand?

    Z.
    Love,Zauni.
    Vegas Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are online at the moment and will be stocked in Superdrugs in the UK soon I believe!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  5. How affordable!? I love this brand, and the shades you chose are gorgeous!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a bargain for beautiful colours xxx

    Blonde of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard so many good things about this brand!!
    lost-arrows.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete