Monday 24 August 2015

Batiste XXL Stylist - Review

Batiste XXL Stylist

A few weeks ago on twitter I expressed my upset at the fact that Boots will no longer be stocking the Batiste XXL Dry Shampoo. It is my go to Dry Shampoo. I use it every day on my hair as my hair is so thick that it doesn't get much volume as it is so weighed down. That and I don't wash my hair every day - I wash it every 3rd to 4th day if I can to maintain its healthy condition - so I am pretty reliant on good old dry shampoo.

Anyway to carry on, I was pretty gutted. I checked all my local Boots to see if they had any leftover Boots XXL Dry Shampoo but no luck - so I actually ordered a bulk amount from Superdrug whilst they still had it on their site. 

When I was back and forth tweeting Boots/Batiste over this they informed me that they had released the Batiste XXL Stylist which is essentially the same thing but without the dry shampoo element. It essentially is just for adding volume. I will admit that it continues to do this fantastically so if you;re after volume but no dry shampoo in it then this is perfect. The powder is still white so, if you're like me and have dark hair, you have to make sure it is blended in well.

The smell of this powder though... I have to mention it. I'm not the biggest fan and the powder seems so thick that it really makes me cough when I use it. Not to mention it makes my vanity very, very dusty! Would I buy this again? Probably just because it is as close to the original as I can get. But my heart belongs to the original formula I'm afraid and I'm really sad that they seem to have discontinued it.

 BlogLovin | Instagram | Twitter | 

1 comment:

  1. I have recently tried the Heavenly Volume dry shampoo as I have always used the XXL one before and it is quite similar to be honest.

    I have very thick hair and it does the job for me.

    Lauren x

    www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete