Monday 30 June 2014

*Book Review: Date Shark by DelSheree Gladden* 200th blog post!

Hello everyone! Today post is my 200th blog post! Yay! As always I hope you enjoy today's blog post.

 This week will be a book inspired week as I have plenty of reviews I want to share with you all of some fantastic reads! Recently I have upped my reading game. If you follow me on Goodreads here you will know that I am aiming to read 50 books this year. Fingers crossed that I get to that goal or anywhere near it! I was approached by the author DelSheree Gladden to read her book Date Shark. It sounded very interesting so of course I accepted!

Date Shark by DelSheree Gladden

Date Shark focuses on the dating life of Leila Sparrow and her quest to find out where her dating life is going wrong. Leila hires the help of Eli Walsh a date shark. Eli Walsh, as a side career to his therapy practice, helps women by going on practice dates and outlining the faults the women have during those dates. Don't we all wish someone could tell us the right way to bag the right one? Life would be so much simpler! 

Leila steals Eli's attention and focus in life. Eli is all of a sudden focussed on Leila and his growing infatuation for her. However further barriers come to light when Leila begins to date a guy called Luke. He wants to tell her of his growing feelings however will she feel the same way? Will his date shark business compromise Leila's feelings for him? More importantly who will Leila choose - Luke or Eli?

Firstly, I loved this book! I don't read a lot of romance novels however Date Shark really did appeal to me. I actually hadn't heard the term date shark before! The storyline is so engaging. I felt like I couldn't put this down. I read this within the space of 3 days before and after work. Whenever I had a free moment I would pick up where I left off! 

The characters are all characterised well. I felt like I knew about each character and their background which helped with the character development throughout the book. This is also helped by the use of changing points of view throughout the book between Eli and Leila. I loved this as I felt it helped me understand how Eli and Leila felt about each others choices and decisions throughout the book. It also gave a great insight into each characters growing feelings for one another. 

The story line was great. There are just enough twists and turns in the novel that keep the pages turning. I was very happy that the storyline, although romantic, was relativity clean. Sometimes romance books can become to heavy with over passionate chapters which leave you blushing however DelSheree handled this in a sensitive way which made me believe that the characters had a deeper love and connection that was developing rather than a relationship focused on passion.

Overall I loved this book! It has had a much different structure and storyline to the most recent romance novels I have read.

Have you read any books by DelSheree? What is your favourite romance novel/story? Let me know in the comments!


BlogLovin |



Twitter |

*NOTE: The book Date Shark was sent to me to review however all thoughts and opinions expressed are entirely my own.*

10 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting, I have never read any books by Delsheree but I might give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by to check out the review Ella! If you get a chance to read Date Shark, I hope you enjoy it :) Happy reading!

      Delete
    2. You should definitely give it a read!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed the story! Thanks so much for taking the time to read Date Shark, and for your wonderful review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did enjoy it! Fantastic book! No problem!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  3. great post thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I'm hoping I'll be able to reach 50 books by the end of the year! I'm sure you'll have no problem hitting your milestone!

    Claire

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete